Friday, September 27, 2013

Announcement: Art Exhibit… 27.9.2013

Last week my partner surprised me with an early birthday gift: paid membership to the Arts Institute Group of the Merrimack Valley. The gift came with what we refer to as a “push”: he wants me to participate in the upcoming exhibit the group was organizing.

I will fully admit that my first reaction was to immediately freak out. 

Over the course of the week, I have slowly settled into the idea of participating in my first show since 1991… and into the flurry of activity that is associated with preparing for a show: ensuring that all critical dates are clearly noted on the calendar, deciding on which three pictures to submit, debating on whether or not I can remember how to custom frame my own artwork or if I need to search for a good, local framer, scouring the Internet for advice and framing coupons…


As nervous as I am about the upcoming show, I am very curious to see what the reaction will be to the first couple of pieces of I Ching project. I am hoping that there may be some great feedback/suggestions on how to continue to develop the project and where to go next. I am looking forward to the input.

ANNOUNCEMENT:
I will be participating in the following exhibit next month:

The 12th Annual Art Exhibit and Sale
Presented by the Arts Institute Group of the Merrimack Valley

The exhibit will be held in the Great Hall on the 3rd floor of the Nevins Memorial Library on Route 28 in Methuen, MA.

Exhibit opens: Wednesday, October 23rd
Artist Reception and Awards Night: Thursday, October 24th
Exhibit closes: Saturday, November 2nd

Library hours:
Monday thru Thursday: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm.
Friday and Saturday: 10:00 am – 4:00 pm.
Closed Sunday.
Admission is free.

Jenn White
White Rooster Studios

1 comment: